Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How to Apply PRINCE2 in a NON-PRINCE2 Environment?

How to Apply PRINCE2 in a NON-PRINCE2 Environment? 2 months 3 weeks ago #515

• Naomi Lincoln
  • Naomi Lincoln's Avatar Topic Author
Hi All
I will manage a sub-project where a lot of experts from different places are involved, which is itself part of a larger project. They do not apply Prince2 - as far as I know no methodology at all. And to enforce Prine2 for the upper project is not possible.

Is it still possible to apply Prince2 in some way without 'knowing' them? I also might have an executive, but neither a senior developer nor a senior user.

Let me know your approaches.

How to Apply PRINCE2 in a NON-PRINCE2 Environment? 2 months 3 weeks ago #516

• Kathy Wilton
  • Kathy Wilton's Avatar Topic Author
In my experience, I find that whilst many organisations aspire to use PRINCE2, they tend to mix and match to needs. Not in the strict 'tailoring' sense either! In the end, they end up with a hybrid solution. The number of times I have to keep reminding people that we need to revisit the business case to ensure it still stacks up

You don't need to formally adopt PRINCE2 to follow PRINCE2 principles - IMHO. Of course, you can't call it PRINCE2 in its strictest sense, but then I think we tend to overcomplicate with the imposition of labels. Where I am working currently, they do not follow PRINCE2 strictly to the letter. That does not stop me using the various techniques and tools to manage the project in line with the general principles.
Last edit: by Kathy.
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds