Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: I want to increase duration when project is late in Ms Project?

I want to increase duration when project is late in Ms Project? 3 months 1 day ago #632

• Endru Tudor
  • Endru Tudor's Avatar Topic Author
Hi Experts

I want to increase duration when project is late. I'm trying to demonstrate the Project Management activity extending when the project is delayed in my project schedule. Is there a short way to do?

I want to increase duration when project is late in Ms Project? 3 months 1 day ago #633

• Denis Brown
  • Denis Brown's Avatar Topic Author
I think you are loking for a hammock activity (like an Level of Effort activity in Primavera 6). However, Microsoft Project doesn't officially have one. The recommended workaround has been to copy|paste-link the start and finish dates from a single start-governing task and a single finish-governing task to the start/finish dates of the task that you want to turn into a hammock. Obviously, this task shouldn't have any other logic attached to it. The duration will automatically adjust to the linked dates, and a fixed-units task should automatically increase or decrease the work as dictated by the new duration. Hope that this will work for you.
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds